Mail Art News #92: September 9, 2026

 

95% J. Motsch / 5% T. Brown, collage collab, 2026

Here I go playing mail art publishing magnate again. Mail Art News #100 is on the horizon...if you're into such things. It could be a meaningless milestone in the grand scheme of things, but it just goes to show you how efforts accumulate into something you can look back on and say that you've come a long way. 

Warning: I will be including some stream of consciousness text, probably song lyrics. I will denote with: ♫ in such cases. 

♫ What goes on in your mind? ♫

In the archives, I found a postcard with "boremachine.art" written on it, so I visited and there's some cool mail art there. 

AS SEEN ON: boremachine.art


Recommended listening for this blog post or basically anything you're doing: Rondò Veneziano - La Serenissima.



From Terry Reid (or not?) on Facebook: 

Terry Reid

I debated about snarking. ♫ Let the bad guy win every once in a while? ♫ By that I mean should I let my ability to quickly get negative win? Negativity isn't necessarily a baaaad thing. Sure it's authentic or whatever, but it's not very productive. Not very industrious. After I unconfused myself a little bit, I decided I might just be interested in learning more about the above micro-moment in mail art history, where small images were blown-up in size. That would require me reaching out, which I *might* just do. It's difficult to describe the mix of excitement and nihilism when thinking about or actually attempting to make a connection with people who seem to be like they are a big name in some mail art circle.  

Also on Facebook, here's something I saw on Julie Matevish's page, which was set to friends only, so I won't be linking to it. 


From Shmuel to J. Matevish


Now I want to share some collage collaboration I've been doing with J. Motsch and M. Boyle. Let's look at their envelopes first, and then some of the collages. 

from Jason Motsch and Mick Boyle



from Jason Motsch and Mick Boyle


from Mick Boyle


from Mick Boyle


Collage collaborations, made from starter collages and/or collage scraps sent in the mail. I am enjoying the process. If anyone else wants to do this, send me a message. Here they are without percentages of attribution or any further comment. 













I received a response to my "Get off my TV right now" campaign from P. M. Wilson. I love that he has so many rubber stamps! 


from P. M. Wilson


from P. M. Wilson


from P. M. Wilson


Saw this on IUOMA. No email addresses or website URLs will be published! Take note. 

email from M. Untzilla


Ok. A few outgoing pieces from me and we're done. Good meeting. Very productive. Thanks for attending, everyone. 

outgoing, T. Brown

outgoing, T. Brown

outgoing, T. Brown



Last minute edit: 

I am happy to see Joey Patrickt sending me something in the IUOMA Mail Art News group, so I must include here:

Captain Biology


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Art News # 83: 10-10-2024

Mail Art News #87: July 4, 2025

Mail Art News #45: An Overview of Cascadia Artpost