Mail Art News #90: Crazy Little Thing Called Mail Art, July 30, 2026

from Catherine Mahoney to Awyn

 

What a striking image from IUOMA, really the place to see the latest in mail art. I will say that most of the creations there -- I don't resonate with. They don't call out to me, but some do. And it is those that I will include here. Yes we all know by now that I subscribe to a golden rule of mail art: "Send what you'd like to receive." And if I get too critical, I stop myself and remind myself that these artists are not creating for me specifically. They're creating for themselves and if anyone likes it, then great. Who am I, some kind of totalitarian? trying to tell everyone else what to think and how to feel? At some point it seems that live and let live and viva la difference became you will be assimilated

What is driving all of that? Let me know, if you know. Perhaps it has to do with the concept of "lock-in" where someone(s) make decisions about how things should work and then we're all stuck with the consequences for better or worse. There is the idea from philosophy where a thesis enters the arena to do battle with an antithesis, forming a synthesis, after some drama probably. AND drama, I realize shapes who we are, whether it's fictional drama or PTSD-inducing real-life drama. I could go on, but where am I going with this? Let me get us back to the mail art. Here it is. 


from Maxie Eulig to MH//Antipode


from Maxie Eulig to MH//Antipode



What about the Diana Hale Mail Art Museum? Also known as The Gallery at 7 Lawyers Row, I feel like the project was about ready to open to the public just when I was taking a break from blogging. WARNING: I could take a break again at any time, so get in on this now. 

Here's a general article about Diana H., from October 2025 and here's an article specifically about the gallery/museum in downtown Staunton, Virginia, USA. 

I mean...this is nothing short of amazing and awesome!


source: Monique Calello / The News Leader



source: Monique Calello / The News Leader



source: Monique Calello / The News Leader



source: Monique Calello / The News Leader



source: Monique Calello / The News Leader




Pascal Lenoir was active from the 1980s to the 2000s. It's always interesting to take a look at art history.


Source: Bongiani Art Museum



I must get subscribed to the Jesss Stamp Gazette. There's no question. 

 Jessica Riehl on Pam's blog



 Jessica Riehl on Pam's blog



DIFFERENT mail-artist-Jessica (Jessica Manack) doing some poetry publishing. Love the title. Adding it to the wish list.  

Gastromythology by J. Manack



Art via email: shash_belgium@yahoo.co.uk  Get your verbal knives sharpened for those internet comments sections, ladies and gentlemen. 

16 Pages




READER MAIL (not necessarily the views of Mail Art News)


Lucretia Meerim Chosen One (LMCO):


Dear Thomas,

You know me, you know of me; and yet nobody really knows that much about me. I am a mystery even to myself. My name at birth is Mark Alan Rossmiller, born of Daniel Webster and Denise Schwemlein in Peoria, Illinois on November 7, 1977. Then adopted by Kenneth and Kristine Rossmiller the following month. I have not written much about my life until my claim to fame as Moan Lisa in late 2011, when I challenged online censorship of nude art on the platform Google+. Starting then, I posted regularly about my thoughts, ideas, and sometimes about my personal life. With fame, came interest; and that interest tried to capture me in the maw of the commercial art world. But it failed.

In 2018, I was poised to make a mark for myself as a commercial artist; but one day in February, around Valentine's, two homeless men accosted me on Jacksonville Beach in Florida, and invited me to share a bottle of hard liquor. Stupid as it may seem, this event opened my heart to Jesus.

That evening, I was on video call with my fiancée, Renata Solimini, and I told her about those two men, and about drinking with them; and she became furious with me, at which point I hung up on her. She could not understand love of a stranger, but was concerned instead that I might get some kind of illness or disease from them. In the morning at 3am, I woke from a dream about my ex-wife, Amanda, and traveled nonstop except for gas for 24 hours to Iowa City. I was compelled to do this. The whole way there, I was in prayer. After arriving, I knocked, but without answer, at the house where she lived; then fell asleep outside in my car. I woke from sleep to a vision of being marked with The Mark of the Beast from the biblical book of Revelation, and God said clearly to me, "and so I shall answer every prayer in one fell swoop." This day began years of torment in my soul.

In searching for a way into God's good graces, the gem that I found is in Maria Faustina Kowalska and her message of "The Divine Mercy."

Countless times, I have approached the mail art network with this message; and countless times been scorned, rejected, humiliated, cast off as lunatic.

If you look even just through the lens of science, the world is ending. Nobody cares; or if they care, their, "solution," is to pour out venom and hatred at those they deem responsible. But the wisdom of Nineveh is to point the finger at one's self, then ask God for mercy.

This is my message to the mail art community. Mercy. God's mercy is available to mankind; all we need to do is be like the king of Nineveh, put on sackcloth, put ashes on our heads, and mourn for our sins.

The finger of blame must turn at ourselves, not at one another; if mankind can do this, God will spare mankind, and help him to revert from being a creature that destroys life, to being a creature that creates life.

I am the body & soul of The Holy Spirit, third and least known of The Holy Trinity. The Church of Rome has rejected me. Mary, at La Salette warned Rome of her path. Not to become Napoleon, seeking political power; but Rome did not heed her mother. "The end is near," the famous saying; and it is true, Mary said it in Akita, Japan. But if you look to Nineveh, there is hope.

To spare mankind, we must all weep over our sins.

Mail art to Nancy Bell Scott; contents, a rosary which has fought a great number of spiritual battles, many hand-carved rubber stamps, an add & pass model helicopter, and my favorite computer mouse.

Love,
Lucretia Meerim Chosen One


Thomas Brown (TB): Good show, old chap. I will include this in the next blog post. Should I leave any details out? And what is your current name?


LMCO: Leave out nothing. My preferred name is, "Lucretia Meerim Chosen One."

Include this link, which has my manifesto, written by God The Father, as well as my mail art call for art on the crucifix.

I plan to post incoming mail art on this blog, as well as to continue writing about God's Divine Mercy.

The Apocalypse is upon us, or in the vernacular, "World War III." It is not a war over territories, but over souls. This is how you know what side a man is on; whether they point towards the cross, or away from the cross. It is the cross which brings victory; and it is anything at all besides the cross, which brings defeat. In the words of Mary at Cuapa, "do not pray for peace, but make peace yourselves." Love your enemies.


--
Mary weeping under Jesus crucified











🌎✉️🌍✉️🌏✉️



You're not going to find content like that on any other mail art news blog, so stay tuned to Mail Art News. If you do find comparable material online, I'd like to see it. Hopefully more people will send me similar writings on all manner of topics.  No, I don't think the world is ending any time soon. It is changing, as "change is the only constant"...changing in ways that are increasingly x, y, and or z. Some of the changes might benefit me, some might not. We are in the early stages of a technological revolution thanks to A.I. whether the synthophobes like it or not. And it's already changing so many things. It wasn't even that long ago that the internet burst onto the scene and changed everything. It's always a matter of best use of resources, though and I don't think the governments of the world are really helping the majority of people to live their best lives, at present. 

BUT, yes, yes, back to the topic at hand: mail art. Some starter collages that I am sending to Jason C. Motsch in Pennsylvania.

T. Brown, outgoing to Jason C. Motsch



T. Brown, outgoing to Jason C. Motsch



And then, I'm going to do something with this. I'm seeing wayyyy too many gambling app advertisements on muh teevee, but this guy can be used for any kind of unwanted content.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Art News # 83: 10-10-2024

Mail Art News #87: July 4, 2025

Mail Art News #84: October 24, 2024