#75: Number Seventy-Five


from Michael Orr


A couple of mail art-themed songs made with the help of Udio.com




Reading bits and pieces of Don Fabun's 1967 book, The Dynamics of Change, here and there. Fabun was previously the editor of a sci-fi zine in the 1950s called Rhodomagnetic DigestIt's remarkable how technologists were planning things such as flat screen televisions, online banking, personal computing devices that people would carry in their pockets, and most relevant: the dangers and benefits of super-intelligent computer programs (A.I), so many decades ago. And it's all real now!


Currently wearing the cover art from The Politics of Experience (1972) in the see-through-plastic front  pocket of my warehouse safety vest. I'd found the cover inside of a local LFL (little free library). Listen here if interested. I'm not always a finisher of books, whether it be in printed or audio form. I'm of the mind that you can always come back to it if you really want or need to look further into the subject matter. 


Two notable things seen on Facebook during my break from blogging. 


J. Foster


Speaking of Jon Foster, here's a little Fun-with-Foster exercise, where I've stamped yinyangs around an image of him saying yikes




The second item from Facebook, a call for African portraits, is interesting because you really don't see much African involvement in the postal arts.

Herve Alexandre


Some interesting stuff from IUOMA and really, if you see anything interesting out there in the mail art universe and you ever want to write a few lines about it and email it all to me, we can include it in a future Mail Art News blog post. It could even be one of your own works that you write about. 
Novi Talas, added by Zorica Obradović


Mikel Untzilla is great about documenting and gets a lot of great mail. Two examples: 





from: Gadi Salomons Tavoni


✉ ✉ ✉ INCOMING MAIL ✉ ✉ ✉ 



a reworking of scrap pieces from Mail Art News #72,
from S. Lentz Morrison


Rebekka Schmidt loves zines, but also enjoys reading Mail Art News. Thank you for letting me know. It always makes me feel like a million bucks when someone gives me some positive feedback about the blog. 

incoming from R. Schmidt



outstanding work from Adam R


outstanding work from Adam R


a piece from Monster A GoGo, chronicling the housing affordability crisis


something mailartmagic sent me, while I was visiting Lunar Guyana,
which is a newish colony on the moon. 


from Erica Durante


the price of loves, from Nick Tauro, Jr.



from Hanna Wright


from Cascadia Artpost 
I hope you're not too torn up about this postal mishap


from Ralf Schulze at The Aardvark Farms


from Ralf Schulze at The Aardvark Farms


from Ralf Schulze at The Aardvark Farms


from Ralf Schulze at The Aardvark Farms..this one reminds me of a Gremlin



Ok. That's it. You've made it to the end of this blog post. Thank you for reading. See ya out there, in the glimmering void of quasi-reality.


Comments

  1. Wow! Lots of amazing goodies here. Michael Orr, for starters, I find fascinating. I'm sure the Predictions project is fantastic. Mail art songs? Who knew? Digging many things here. All very groovy. You even included my little bit (which you didn't need to, but thanks.) CHEERS and BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Art News # 67: Jimmy Hackney

Mail Art News # 68: FEB 22, 2024

Mail Art News #62: January 1, 2024