Mail Art News #71: April 04, 2024

 

incoming from Pam Chatfield


Book arrived. Waiting for my postcard stamps from the USPS so I can send out some postcards. A year or two ago, I'd started sending out envelopes with multiple items in them in order to save money. A postcard after all is only one item, but an envelope can hold multiple items. Anyway, I don't always have a full envelope's worth of art to mail out, so I decided to switch over to postcard mode for a while. Also waiting for my E.T. rubber stamp to show up from a seller on Craigslist. It's a picture of the alien E.T. saying "extra terrific"...probably used by a teacher in the 1980s. They said they mailed it! Must be a delay in my area. 


arrived from Mail Art Archive Vienna

I was lucky to get a copy. Only 100 were printed. It's 294 full color pages of mail art received by the editor along the themes of Art = Revolution and Images of the Future based on a call they put out to the mail art community. I will post a few images from the book here and there in future blogposts. 

One outgoing mail, and then we can look at the incoming mail. 

outgoing March 2024, T. Brown


Plenty of cool stuff to look at in the incoming mail folder. And recently, I've contacted the library at the Maryland Institute College of Art to see if they'd be interested in doing a display of a selection of mail that I've received over the years. Could happen! 


incoming from Pam Chatfield


incoming from Pam Chatfield


"Angry Nuts"incoming from Pam Chatfield


incoming from Peter Wilson


incoming from Peter Wilson

incoming from Fischmail Production


incoming from Fischmail Production



incoming from Jason Motsch


incoming from Jason Motsch


incoming from Jason Motsch


incoming from Julie Matevish


incoming from Julie Matevish


incoming from Stephanie Lentz Morrison


incoming from Stephanie Lentz Morrison


That's all for now. Thanks for reading. Have a good one. 

Comments

  1. Hooray! Another issue. Great stuff. Pam sent you a lot o' stuff. Groovy. The other stuff is all wonderful--but i think the BUNZILLA piece speaks the most to me. It looks like something I might do wirth collage instead of rubber stamps. (I'm actually working on a similar piece starring Shirley, out family tortoise.) Thanks for posting. Always a pleasure. CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool man. Yes...on the last blog post #70...for some reason your comment shows in my comment page but not on the blog post. Somehow only on that blog post your comments were flagged as possible spam. Gotta love blogger. Anyway, I have marked them as not spam. Thanks for reading. Look forward to seeing Shirley's fictional adventures in mail art form.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Art News #45: An Overview of Cascadia Artpost

Mail Art News # 67: Jimmy Hackney

Mail Art News #40: I Want