Mail Art News # 68: FEB 22, 2024

Greetings from the Moon from Francis Lammé

 

I just had the idea the other day that I'd like Mail Art News to be a little more like MAD Magazine, so why not eh? You might see more goofy drawings in the future. 

goofy drawing by T. Brown, FEB 2024


And with that, let us take a look at the incoming mail. 


from Jimmy Hackney


from Jimmy Hackney


from RCBZ


Outgoing: I'm going to buckle down and send some mail art to Stephanie Lentz Morrison today. I'm gonna do it! This one will be in there, along with some other stuff I made and some other stuff I didn't make.

T. Brown, Feb 2024

Don't forget about Pam's mail art vlog

Book alert! Tentatively A Convenience has released the following publication, full of memories, pictures, and accompanying text (87 pages). Here it is on Amazon. And there's a Baltimore connection. If you've ever lived in Baltimore and maybe you went to MICA or had any artistic leanings, you probably visited the Mount Royal Tavern at least once. It's still there. 



.





From Jac Perk, Adam R is at it again! You can find him on social media and message him about the project because I don't like to put addresses on the internet unless it's a PO Box. 

And then from the archives, someone sent me this at some point, a German postage stamp commemorating human chess champ Garry Kasparov's battle against the chess computer Deep Blue. 




Thanks for listening to WTOM radio online. 

Comments

  1. Good issue of Mail Art News! I may or may not have just mailed you something. I looked at Pam's blog and I might (or might not) send her some mail art. I learned we both have been doing mail art since the late 70's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mick. If you have any dirty mail art for Mail Art News #69, please email me a copy.

      Delete
  2. Also, I liked the Moon mail art too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the mention! Another great issue as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Art News #45: An Overview of Cascadia Artpost

Mail Art News # 67: Jimmy Hackney

Mail Art News #40: I Want