Mail Art News #64: Weekly Review, Jan 17, 2024

fruit salad of abstract shapes, 25 pieces, by a.mlcl


I don't have a lot to say for the intro. It's cold here today (25 F / -4 C). Let's look at the art. 


Seen on IUOMA: 

No Place Like Home, by Melanie Reed


Reminder: Circulaire132 (since 2006!)

Incoming: Got mail from four people. 

from Erica Durante


I had previously requested not to be the recipient of any overtly political mail art unless it was radical centrist in nature. The above political mail art does seem to be centrist because it makes fun of both political parties, while also taking a look at the modern-day oligarchical class. 

Look Ma! It's a book. From RCBz (no link?...sorry)...and since there are many pages, I can scan one or two per blog post, until we get each page scanned in.  

from RCBz, Saint Clown, Minnesota


from RCBz, Saint Clown, Minnesota



Jimmy Hackney


Jimmy Hackney


Jimmy Hackney


from Jimmy Hackney



Outgoing: I sent to Jimmy Hackney (interview pending), Ralf Schulze, Mick Boyle, and Jason Motsch

outgoing, T. Brown, Jan 2024


outgoing, T. Brown, Jan 2024


outgoing, T. Brown, Jan 2024


Jimmy Hackney is relatively new to mail art, but I say he fits right in, like he's always been a mail artist. 

Jimmy Hackney


Archival: possibly a depiction of the passage of time, represented in snail-form, in multiple concurrent universes assembled into a multiverse, rubber stamped by discoflux. What's a Discoflux, anyway?

 rubber stamped by discoflux


Note: You may seen the term grandmaster in some of my blog posts. This has nothing to do with Freemasonry or any secret society shenanigans. I am borrowing the term from the world of chess, where the title is awarded to highly-rated players of talent and accomplishment, which prompted me to apply the title to the world of mail art.  

Comments

  1. Finally, I can leave a note. Marvelous stuff! We have the discussion about the "grand master" thing already and I need to get to be. I just jumped on because i can now! Whoo hoo! Anxious for the next one. CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you in the comments again. No pressure.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Art News #45: An Overview of Cascadia Artpost

Mail Art News # 67: Jimmy Hackney

Mail Art News #40: I Want