Mail Art News #58: Weekly Review, 10-4-2023

 

incoming from Fleur Helsingor



I did find a small collection of mail art from the 1940s. The website is a little difficult to navigate? But there are some fun ones in there. 


Per Maxima Strange, The Night Creatures issue of Miss Maxima’s Goth Emporium has been mailed.



From Coco Muchmore


Send as much mail art as you possibly can. Do it for the children. 

Mailart Workshop
PO Box 373
Perry, KS 66073


Here's a ton from nonlocal variable and if you get a chance, take a look at his new thing: Crevicism

using electricity to get a patient back into mail art
at the Home for Mail Artists in Beaverton, early 1900s






















Read the Crevicist Manifesto?

From Julie Matevish






From Fleur Helsingor:




Here's one from the archives on a topic near and dear to my heart...commercials. Individuals and companies do need to promote in order to get attention. While I could write a lengthy rambling rant, I will simply say that these days much of the advertising industry is misguided. If I was Lord of the Ads, I would do things differently. That's all I will say for now! 

from Erin Young, date unknown

And now back to the music. You're listening to WTOM radio and we thank you for it. Here's the Boris Frumkin Ensemble with Ferris Wheel. Make sure to listen with headphones or bass boost to hear that bassline. 



Up next, it's Tee Vee Repairmann with Bad Taste


Send song requests to mailartnews@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Lots of mail art news. I enjoy what you are doing. I've exchanged mail art with Coco, and non local, maybe even Fleur at one time. It's like running into old buddies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mick for reading and commenting. I had to take a break for jury duty this past week, but I will get back to it on my days off (Tues and Wed) this week. If you have any mail art news to report, let me know. More of your mail art memories are always welcomed.

      Delete
  2. OOoo! I almost missed this one. I love that old piece from 1944. I'll bet the artist was glad to FINALLY make the Mail Art News (albeit nearly 80 years later!) I couldn't get either of the two videos to play. I am guessing it is just my internter connection out here on the island. Waaagh. CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finalllly yes. Haha.
      That's too bad about the videos. They work for me.
      I've blogged again (today) and there are two postcards you might like.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Art News #45: An Overview of Cascadia Artpost

Mail Art News # 67: Jimmy Hackney

Mail Art News #40: I Want