Mail Art News #44: hashtag mailart

outgoing mail, July 2023


 πŸŒŽ✉️🌍✉️🌏✉️

Went searching on Instagram for the hashtag #mailart. Here is my report. The Portland Stamp Company shared some promotional artistamps from 1953 in April, 2023. These would go well with the fictional artistamps in my intergalactic mail service post (Mail Art News #8). The Portland Stamp Company is really a must-follow if you're into artistamps. 





- - -

Mojave Correspondence Club regularly documents her mail art activities. Many different styles. Some really grab my attention. Here are two examples. I reached out to her to see if she's interested in sending more info about their ongoing adventures in mail art. 


- - -

 What's this? A call for mail art by Wet Paint. You can contact them for more info. 



- - -

And then, one final find from Instagram...artbooks posted an excerpt from Ulises CarriΓ³n's Rubber Stamps Theory and Praxis, Rubber Bulletin No. 6 (Stempelplaats: 1978). All of this demands more research. A basic first look reveals that he was a Mexican conceptual artist (1941-1989). Read the rubber stamps booklet here

Additional writings by U.C. can be found at https://www.ubu.com/historical/carrion/index.htmlRubber was a monthly publication documenting the use of rubber stamps




🌎✉️🌍✉️🌏✉️

Then here's an outgoing post card that arrived with Julie Matevish in NY, USA: 



- - -

Finally, some incoming mail, and then it's time to get ready for work. 

incoming from Paulo Teles



- - -

incoming from Tim Collapse



- - -

incoming from Keith S. Chambers

Comments

  1. Ahh! I caught another issue. Fantastic! Of particular interest to me was your outgoing mail. They all looked different from each other. You might never guess they were by the same artist. Bravo, Daddy-O!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tiger and grid stamps were purchased at stores or online. The text stamps I had custom made. The Flammarion is of course a well known work made by someone else but it makes a nice postcard no?

      Delete
  2. I am not very concerned with having a recognizable, consistent style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong. I considered that a POSITIVE statement amd was commending you. All of mine look the same. CHEERS!

      Delete
  3. Thanks. No worries. I just wanted to clarify in case someone thought I was trying to claim the Flammarion off as my own. I've been following a copy right in mail art thread on IUOMA.

    I haven't checked out any blogs in a while so I will have to swing back around and see if you're blogging lately!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Art News #45: An Overview of Cascadia Artpost

Mail Art News # 67: Jimmy Hackney

Mail Art News #40: I Want