Mail Art News #41


incoming from Julie Matevish

Greetings, dear readers of Mail Art News. This blog post promises to be as cluttered as my desk! Imagine a painting of someone opening mail...is that correspondence art? There's an art to opening mail. I recall a post on IUOMA asking what people use to open their envelopes. I use my Swiss army knife when I can find it. I have four envelopes and two post cards ready to go out. This is almost a comics section: 


Ron Bookless & Michael Leigh, May 2023

See more comic cut-ups at the Mail Art Worldwide page on Facebook. There's a new mail art book out there called Cabaret Voltaire: Fluxus West, San Diego, and Southern California Mail Art. Maya Lopez Muro sent me a little booklet of her artworks over the years. Thanks for that. It's a good idea. 

Maya Lopez Muro


From Julie Matevish, I really like this black card with strips of paper glued and folded/wrapped around. Very nice effect. 

Also from Julie M: 





Collaboration with Zack. I glued the Jack on and rounded the corners. 


Mail Art'icles: 

Here's one from my own archives, and then it's time to go...perhaps to binge watch re-runs of Eek the Cat, a cartoon show from the 1990s. 

This is one of my all-time favorite pieces of mail art. It's from Jayne B. Lyons.


See you next time. And if you have any mail art news to report great or small, send me an email at mailartnews@gmail.com. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Art News #45: An Overview of Cascadia Artpost

Mail Art News # 67: Jimmy Hackney

Mail Art News #40: I Want