Mail Art News #28: It's ok everyone, I'm a mail artist.



I was recently at an event and was having an enjoyable time. At some point during the course of the evening, a voice cried out, "Is there a mail artist in the house??" I turned my attention to the crowd of people gathering around an individual who was socially isolated and bored. I made my way over and boldly proclaimed, "It's ok everyone, I'm a mail artist." I then pulled several post cards out of my briefcase and showed them to the person. This had an immediate positive effect upon the person, who thanked me for sharing this creative energy when they most needed it. Pleased with myself, I made my exit, got into my art car (covered in rubber stamped words and images) and drove off into the sunset, the following song playing as the closing credits rolled up the movie screen. 





Now, with that scene from Mail Art, The Movie out of the way, we can take a look at some recent incoming and outgoing mails, as well as a piece of digital art that, while very nice to look at, was submitted to the organizer of a physical mail art call by email, so had to be rejected. 


INCOMING

incoming from Luke McGuff



incoming from Avery Ayers-Berry




OUTGOING





ADDITIONALLY

Laura Pintus in the Mail Art Sardinia group on Facebook reports that the following image was received by email for the mail art call: "SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT- HEALTH AND WELLNESS". A note of thanks is included for the image, but also a note that only mail art received by physical mail will be displayed in the show. 

Claudia Catanzaro 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Art News #45: An Overview of Cascadia Artpost

Mail Art News # 67: Jimmy Hackney

Mail Art News #33: Pam Chatfield's Whimsical Surrealism