Mail Art News #7: Mail Art'ificial Intelligence

This may be the first post or one of the very first posts on the internet about artificial intelligence and mail art. Please, please, please send me information about any other examples where AI has been employed in the field of mail art.

The first example comes from Adam R.'s Instagram (Dec 04, 2022). And this is to my knowledge the first instance where AI generated images were used to create rubber stamps. I then included the ELSTLAN FONNTY rubber stamp on several outgoing pieces. Included is one example below with color pencil linework. 




The second example by Nonlocal Variable was found on Pam's Mail Art Blog in April 2023 with a note that the underlying images were made by Dall-E 2 AI. 


**********************************************************************************

Update from Adam R. after publishing (4/5/2023): "Thanks for sharing! I am not 100% certain I was the first, I know Carl Chew was using AI to make Artistamps right around the same time. I know he has 1 or 2 AI books available now through Blurb. Aside from Carl, I am not aware of anyone else that was at that time. I believe Joey Patrickt has been messing around with AI images for postcards."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Art News #45: An Overview of Cascadia Artpost

Mail Art News # 67: Jimmy Hackney

Mail Art News #40: I Want