Mail Art News #23: One Question with Adam Roussopoulos


new AI artistamps from Adam R.



I recently sat down with mail artist Adam Roussopoulos for a one question interview. 


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 


TB: Why do you like artistamps?

AR: I am drawn to the repetitive nature of them, along with the intimacy of the smaller format. Small little windows, a glimpse into an alternate realty. A reality that can be questioned i.e protest stamps or a reality that can be conjured up. In the latter, I like to lean into an element of comedy. Mostly just to amuse myself, with the hope that it makes others chuckle as well. I also LOVE that they have the ability to interact not only with those that I send them to, but also postal workers. I’ve been making more lately that try to directly interact with the postal carriers. For example I just finished one that says “This was made so that I can say HELLO to whoever delivers this envelope”. And lastly, they are meant to be used and circulated. It’s always fun seeing them used by others.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mail Art News #45: An Overview of Cascadia Artpost

Mail Art News # 67: Jimmy Hackney

Mail Art News #40: I Want